Monday, October 21, 2013

Feedback

Today's class was the first time since high school that I had used verbal feedback in the classroom. In most classes the teacher will use a rubric, sometimes online sometimes on paper and give written feedback for projects and presentations. It was weird to me to sit with another student and just talk to them about what I thought of her project. With verbal contact it was harder to come up with things to say, even with the rubric pulled up on the computer screen. With written feedback you can keep the feedback for the next time or if you want to make corrections. It is also easier to focus when you are writing down comments rather than sitting face to face with the person and being put on the spot. I definitely prefer written feedback over verbal but I did like hearing the positive comments directly from my partner. I think a mix of written feedback with positive comments would be the best way to evaluate a presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment